Knapton Parish Council - Knapton, Norfolk, UK.
HomeDownloadsEmail Knapton Parish Council

Places of Worship
Page last updated 04.02.2016

St Peter and St Paul:

The Anglican Church of St Peter & St Paul, located in the centre of the village, is mainly 14th century although there is evidence of an earlier church which no doubt housed the impressive 13th century font. The Church has a Medieval Double Hammer Beamed Angel Roof unique in Europe constructed in 1503. Legend has it that the timbers used were salvaged from a ship wrecked off Mundesley on passage to Ireland. It has a fine peal of bells. The cemetery contains the gravestone of Commander Jefferson Miles, RN, inscribed with the legend "the vindicator of Nelson." Commander Miles strenuously refuted claims made in Parliament in 1799 that Nelson had mistreated Republican prisoners while at Naples. The church is a Grade 1 listed building.

Knapton is part of the Trunch Team, led by The Revd. Andrew Jones assisted by two retired members of Clergy, four Licensed Lay Minsters and two Authorised Worship Assistants. The group comprises Mundesley, Gimingham, Knapton, Paston, Swafield, Trunch and  Bradfield.

Services:

 

Please consult table for services.

Place

Sundays of the Month

St Peter &

 St Paul

Knapton

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

Morning Prayer

9.30 am

 

Holy Communion 9.30 am

 

Morning Prayer

9.30 am

Holy Communion

9.30 am

* GROUP

 

*5th Sunday details: please consult the church notice board and Group Diary published weekly and available in the Parish Church. These give up-to-date details of services and events together with advance notice of any changes to normal patterns of worship.

 

Dates for your Diary:

 

Why not look us up on Facebook at St Peter and St Paul's Parish Church Knapton.

 

Contact details for The Revd. Andrew Jones: Tel: (01263) 722 218 - Email revandrewjones@gmail.com

  

Church Wardens: Liz Winter - Tel: (01263) 722 271 and Allison Jackson - Tel: (01263) 720 826

 

 


 

The Methodist Church

Please note that the Methodist Church in Knapton closed in January, 2016 after 125 years of worship. Alternative places of worship may be found at Trunch and Mundesley Methodist Churches where morning services commence at 10.30 am.

For further information and details of the closing service please go to the North Norfolk Methodist Circuit link (below).

The village activities, Womens Own and the Coffee Club, previously hosted by the church have been transferred to the Village Hall and School House respectively. Both venues are located in Hall Lane. Dates and times remain as before. 

For a short history of the church click here.

 

For details of the North Norfolk Methodist Circuit click here 

  


 

The Street

The Street - Spring 2013